Thursday, August 23, 2012

My husband is right...

Ok,...........confession time. Eeeks. Ok, so where do I begin? For starters, I have skipped the last 2 days of working out. OUCH! I know, pretty irresponsible. I went through a depression type episode the day before last and did not feel like doing anything but being in bed all day. So that is basically what I did. It was pretty bad. I couldn't find the energy to get up and do anything. So, then very next morning, which was yesterday, I got up, felt better and decided to clean the house. I succeeded.

      Then it hit me again. Yes, don't worry, I will be going to a doctor to figure out what is wrong with me. But at any rate, one of the reasons I was so depressed yesterday was because I have been doing the Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred workout for 27 days and my clothes seem to fit even tighter!!! I was just amazed. Seriously? After ALL that hard work? And nothing to show for it except a hurt ankle? Without going into too much detail, I sprained my right ankle when I was a child and apparently the stress from so much exercise is making it flare up and hurt. Probably should see a doctor about that also...hmmm.

        So, after having a complaining pity party to my hubby in the middle of Wal-Mart yesterday, he finally said out loud what I knew in my heart. After complaining and saying that I had seen no changes in my body from working my butt off, he then said "Jessica, lets not pretend. You and I both know the one thing that you and I are afraid to speak out loud that has not been happening." I innocently asked "What?", still playing stupid, because I KNEW he was right. Then he said it. Out loud. "Sweetheart, you haven't changed your eating habits one bit." Ouch. That one hurt. Only because it was absolutely true. So here is my confession: I have been indulging in late night snacks, eating out, Waffle House runs at 10 o'clock at night, Taco Bell for lunch, and half price chocolate milkshakes from the Sonic at least twice a week. Yep, there you go. I said it. Whew, I feel much better. So, I guess somewhere in my screwed up head I imagined that since I was working out everyday that I would still lose weight, no matter what I ate. Sounds crazy, right? Well, yeah. Maybe I am crazy. So, that aside, its time to get serious not only about my exercise routine, but my diet as well. So starting today, I have started eating clean and healthy. I have already started researching some clean and healthy food ideas and recipes on cleaneatingmag.com. 

So now, after my meltdown and small setback, I am back and ready for some healthy lifestyle changes! I just seriously am having a hard time parting with the chocolate milkshakes...but that is what the once-a-week cheat meal is for, right? Right. I just need to keep it ONCE a week, not twice or three times....
Anyways, more to come later. Thanks for reading! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment